The Georgia Theater

The Georgia Theater is the most well known venue in Athens. Ask anyone who lived in Athens and they will tell you stories about the theater. My parents went to school at UGA and saw the B-52's play here. The original theater burned down in 2009, but the theater was rebuilt and has shows almost every night. Some of my best memories of my years in Athens have been at the Georgia Theater. I go so often that I started to become friends with the manager, Daniel. He would always let me cut the line, which was fun and impressed my friends. I've pretty much followed the Georgia Theater on their different social media platforms for as long as I've been going to school here. I think their Instagram is really effective in bringing people into shows. They post about almost every show, and captions include information about time and if there are tickets left. I'm not constantly checking their website for updates on who's coming, so its convenient when I scroll through Instagram to find out about new artists or shows that have been added. I know I have personally decided to buy tickets to a concert from seeing a post on Instagram and Facebook. Another great way they use social media is by creating Facebook events for their shows. It'll come up on my news feed "___ is attending" or "interested in." People want to go where they know people, and this is a great way to get the word out. This past week I actually saw a friend on Facebook "RSVP" to a concert at a local Atlanta venue. I commented on her post that I wanted to come, and a few of our other friends commented too. This is a really small scale obviously but us 5 bought tickets just because we saw a Facebook event. Here is the social media that they have live streaming on their website:
Last year, GA Theater had this post on their Instagram: 
These types of posts give the Theater a huge amount of attention. They might even gain followers from people tagging their friends. Their Facebook page also posts contest occasionally. Their social media mirrors the fun and exciting atmosphere that the theater has, and it does a really great job of drawing people in! Hopefully my last year of college will bring even more memories!

Comments

Popular Posts